Most people have reasonable intuitions for how effective learning is supported; better teachers, better resources, and better high-level learning philosophies all play a role in how well students perform in a given environment. But there are secondary environmental factors that we also need to consider. For example, the cleanliness of a school can have a massive impact on the well-being and performance of students attending it. Hiring a commercial cleaning company for your school can keep it in excellent condition, supporting a cleaner and more productive environment.
The benefits of maintaining a clean school are immeasurable. With the help of a commercial cleaning company, you can maintain a much more sanitary environment, which can lead to:
- More Focused Students. Cleanliness is closely linked to better mental health, productivity, and performance. When your school is cleaner, students have an easier time focusing. That means they have an easier time learning, and they end up performing better academically.
- Happier Students. Would you prefer to go to school with messy classrooms or clean ones? The answer is obvious. Cleaner classrooms lead to happier, more satisfied students.
- Satisfied Parents. Schools also need to uphold their reputation with parents if they’re going to keep enrollment high. Commercial cleaning services can help you maintain the clean, impressive environment that parents are looking for.
- Productive Teachers. It’s not just about students; clean environments also make teachers happier and more productive. With higher morale, teachers can engage with students with fewer distractions and more energy.
- Reduced Spread of Illness. Maintaining a clean environment gives you an opportunity to reduce the spread of illness. Regularly disinfecting commonly touched surfaces and prioritizing indoor air quality (IAQ) can keep the common cold and similar diseases at bay.
- Reduced Circulation of Allergens. Did you know that 18.9% of kids have a seasonal allergy? Regular cleaning reduces the circulation of allergens, helping kids stay healthy and comfortable.
- Lowered Maintenance Costs. Regular institutional cleaning can lead to reduced maintenance costs as well. Dirty and poorly attended environments lead to conditions that degrade your equipment and resources.
- Higher Energy Efficiency. Generally, cleaner environments are more energy efficient. Clean windows, clean ducts, and less dusty air can make it easier for your HVAC system to do its job.
- Shared School Pride. Everyone involved in the school can feel a greater sense of school pride when the building is always clean and presentable. Students, teachers, parents, administrators, and other staff members can all feel good about where they learn and work.
Cleaning schools can take many forms, depending on the company offering the services. Usually, various combinations of the following services are available:
- Routine Cleaning. Routine cleaning services can keep even the most heavily populated school environment in relatively clean condition. Typically, janitors provide routine cleaning throughout the day and at the end of the day after students go home.
- Day Porter Services. Day porter services ensure the environment remains as clean as possible throughout the school day. Janitors tend to small messes and spills, manage waste, and provide general upkeep to keep the school functional.
- Deep Cleaning / Special Event Cleaning. Some commercial cleaning services also include options for deep cleaning and special event cleaning. On the weekend, or during the summer, you can exhaustively clean the entire school—or you can provide a round of extra cleaning to prepare for a special event, like parent-teacher conferences.
- Maintenance. Many cleaning professionals can also offer general maintenance and repair services, when necessary.
Alder is here to help! Our platform can help you source, schedule, and manage professional cleaners near you. Look into how we can help you solve professional commercial cleaning below.
When you hire a school cleaning company, they’ll typically practice at least the following services:
- Clearing & Organization. Janitors usually start with clearing and organization, picking up trash, organizing books, and removing any unnecessary objects from each area.
- Dusting and Disinfection. Once an area is sufficiently organized, they can focus on dusting and disinfection, prioritizing high-touch surfaces like doorknobs and desktops.
- Sweeping, Vacuuming, & Mopping. Professional cleaning also entails sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. In some cases, it also includes buffing and waxing to protect floors.
- Refills and Resource Provision. Many commercial school cleaning services include support for refills and resource provision; cleaning staff members can refill paper towel dispensers, empty trash cans, and make sure classrooms are stocked with the materials they need.
- Urgent Cleaning Tasks. On-call janitors can also provide support for urgent cleaning tasks. If there’s a large food spill in the cafeteria, or if a student has an accident in the classroom, a cleaning professional can come and take care of it right away.
These areas are some of the most important to cover:
- Classrooms. Classrooms are where students spend most of their time throughout the school day, so there’s some of your biggest priorities for regular cleaning. When classrooms are organized, disinfected, and dust-free, students can spend their energy and attention on learning.
- Hallways. Hallways are heavily trafficked, especially in larger schools with hundreds of students. If you don’t make the time to clean them regularly, they can quickly get out of control.
- Bathrooms. As you might imagine, bathrooms can be some of the dirtiest places in a school. You’ll need to clean the bathrooms regularly if you want them to remain in presentable condition.
- Cafeterias, Gyms, & Auditoriums. Cafeterias, gyms, auditoriums, and other gathering places for schools also need regular attention. This is especially true for cafeterias, where students congregate and messily eat on a daily basis.
- Teachers’ Lounges. Clean environments are just as beneficial for staff members as they are for students, so most school cleaning companies also prioritize teachers’ lounges.
Are you looking for a school cleaning company that can keep your school clean, healthy, and productive? Alder Facility Management can help. With a full staff of trained, expert janitors and flexible service packages, we can help you with practically any of your cleaning needs. Contact us for a free quote today!